Wednesday 5 September 2012

 
Please remember if you are reading this - I haven't got a clue how to make this Plane.
I am simply doing lots of research and using common cabinetmaking logic.
Looking at lots of other planes as well of course.
Making the rest up as i go along.
 
 
Carbon paper straight edge with corner!


 
I did not have a saw that would fit into a 25mm gap.
So I came up with the idea of making a perfect wedge and knocking it into place.
This lines up the saw so the blade just rests on the wood.
I thought this would be accurate and guaranteed they were parallel.


 
Loads of careful chisel work.
I ask myself all the time lately:
'Is this fun? Is it making me happy?'




 
I was a bit naughty and whacked a fairly blunt blade and an old wedge in.
Took some shavings anyway with a 10mm wide open mouth!
Good way to end the evening.
9 hours work so far - quite a few left I think.
Perhaps 12 - 16 hours total?
15 is a good number, I will try and stick to that.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment